Our success comes from the land – the soil, our location in Niagara and our unique climate. Preserving this inherited eco-system is a responsibility that Flat Rock Cellars doesn’t take lightly. To ensure a sustainable environment we have incorporated many environmentally responsible technologies:
- Geo-thermal systems for all heating and cooling within the winery
- Environmentally sensitive waste management systems
- The use of ozone technology to clean barrels and tanks resulting in the use of no chemicals and only water run off.
Low impact viticulture strategies to manage our vineyards
- Gravity flow to reduce the energy required to transport wine through the winemaking process.
- Landscaping that complements and reflects our natural surroundings and also helps us to manage the vineyards.
- Underground barrel cellar offering natural temperature and humidity control.
- Plenty of natural lighting to reduce energy costs.
These efforts help Flat Rock Cellars to protect the delicate eco-systems contained within our property and the surrounding community.